Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any of you actually ride MTB?

Go down 
+5
richjohnson
white choco-marc
Ben
Hendrix
Tobias
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobias
Admin
Admin
Tobias

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Any of you actually ride MTB? Empty
PostSubject: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:37 am

I'm a trials rider, but I'm not shy of riding my mountainbike round the local downhill-ish trails and off drops.
Any of you also ride MTB?
Back to top Go down
Hendrix
Admin
Admin
Hendrix

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:44 am

I like to do a bit of Cross Country and Dirt! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tangle-forum.tk
Ben
Ben

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:37 am

I race xc, do abit of dj got a pritty pimp bike for both. Mainly paid by sponsors Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tobias
Admin
Admin
Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:41 pm

Show us your DJ bike!
What bike is it?
Back to top Go down
white choco-marc
white choco-marc

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:06 am

i've just come back into ownership of a mtb, you arn't allowed to see any pics untill it lands in my hands, atm its built liek a newschool streetbike but be sure to see me with some nice suspension and flying off big drop offs doin northshore, downhill, 4x, dual slalom, dirt jumps and so on, i love mtb's coz you can do things with greater confidence so i really cant wait, im off to nequay for 2 weeks so im hoping it comes before i go i might find some wicked stuff down there and hopefully bring some pics back along with the un-named mtb Razz
oh and its brand new i read over my post and it sounded abit dodgey i worked with a dude who lives down south to get the bike bang on my budget which was 340! you will be suprised coz that usually gets you a saracen with an upgraded seat bahaha!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/next_movement
richjohnson

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:40 am

I ride "mtb" wouldnt say my bikes ever been near a mountain though, more concrete and mud lumps Smile

Term SDP, street dirt and park comes more to mind.
Back to top Go down
Tobias
Admin
Admin
Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:44 am

Cool, what tricks can you do?
Back to top Go down
richjohnson

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 2:34 am

Few things. Basically I ride my bike like a big bmx without the tiny wheels. Just ride dirt and park with the occasional street sesh. So airs, grinds stalls and what not.
Back to top Go down
white choco-marc
white choco-marc

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 2:44 am

same here without the grinds Razz but ya knew that lol

OFFICIALLY A MTB'r Smile wooooo came this mornin!
Back to top Go down
Matty-M

Matty-M

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:26 pm

I ride Mtb,Bmx (soon i will anyway Smile ) and trials. Only got the one bike right now though. i'll get pictures up soon but i ride an Identiti 666s which i've sort of upgraded the parts on it to make it an all round mtb machine. Its good for dh,freeride,dj, and street. Smile Occasionally steal a shot on my mates trials bikes too.

Matty.
Back to top Go down
Tobias
Admin
Admin
Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:41 pm

Matty-M wrote:
I ride Mtb,Bmx (soon i will anyway Smile ) and trials. Only got the one bike right now though. i'll get pictures up soon but i ride an Identiti 666s which i've sort of upgraded the parts on it to make it an all round mtb machine. Its good for dh,freeride,dj, and street. Smile Occasionally steal a shot on my mates trials bikes too.

Matty.
Another identiti rider
Very Happy

Good stuff
Back to top Go down
white choco-marc
white choco-marc

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:53 pm

i have a hardcore shed bike too!
does that count?
Back to top Go down
Dan

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:03 pm

I ride preety much everything XC DH dirt trials. Got a kona coiler for xc dh dutys. Sarcen xcell jump, which tankfully isnt original spec. And a 24seven holyrod for trials.
Back to top Go down
white choco-marc
white choco-marc

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 3:24 am

we all had a saracen at one point or something far worse, post a pic up of ur saracen, be interesting to see, my old frame did its rounds and is still alive but has a crack under the seat stays if i remember right...
Back to top Go down
Tobias
Admin
Admin
Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:19 pm

It is indeed cracked, but don't forget some jackass jumped on it...
as in, literally, jumped on the stays and crushed it.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 4:03 pm

white choco-marc wrote:
we all had a saracen at one point or something far worse, post a pic up of ur saracen, be interesting to see, my old frame did its rounds and is still alive but has a crack under the seat stays if i remember right...

Dans sarcen is a pritty nice bike actualy, off the top of my head the spec is

Saracen xcell frame
Marazooki dirt jumper 2's
Halo sas wheels
Kona cranks
Magura Julie brakes

Rides really nice, i managed to bunny hop it about 9ft flat ! Really nice bike.

Im going to build my dirt jump bike back once i get my bb problem sorted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
white choco-marc
white choco-marc

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:22 am

if its of any use i have some spare hollowtech truvative firex (basically hussefelts with saint bb technology) im selling the cranks and external bb (both like new) for 50quid. (Y) if you're wondering what the hell am i onabout i can take pics too explain the external bb and the hollowtech hole! it only uses one bolt to do up both cranks (one side is attatched to the axle) its an increasingly common design.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:45 am

white choco-marc wrote:
if its of any use i have some spare hollowtech truvative firex (basically hussefelts with saint bb technology) im selling the cranks and external bb (both like new) for 50quid. (Y) if you're wondering what the hell am i onabout i can take pics too explain the external bb and the hollowtech hole! it only uses one bolt to do up both cranks (one side is attatched to the axle) its an increasingly common design.

Persoanly I think this one of the best crank designs going at the min. The external bottom bracket, means that all the dirt/shit off the trails don't go into the bearings which are tightly sealed, and presurised from the crank arms.
Back to top Go down
white choco-marc
white choco-marc

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 4:25 am

i just took my saint cranks off theyre 48 spline just like bmx cranks
but you would think what with the general use being downhill and free-ride the bolt that holds the cranks together wouldnt be plastic?!
oh and the truvativ cranks have an awsome self removing bolt system, two bolts work on the same side, when you're not playing with them the outter bolt stops the inside bolt from undoing, but when you are fiddling you undo the outter one 2mm and then undo the middle one, it then becomes a crank arm extracter.
amazing and simple design, i wish the saints had it, plus i trust metal more than plastic for general thrashing around haha
Back to top Go down
Sonny Clarke
Admin
Admin
Sonny Clarke

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 2:26 am

Had a good session today, took my MTB with a few others to this woody area which is actually a bird reserve place full of snobs.

Anyway its PERFECT for building jumps, sandy like soil with rotten wood everywhere

You have to hide from the RSPB vans though which is a bad point Sad

Never the less, good fun! Unfortunately no one fell of one this occasion, its always a laugh when someone does and its quite often the same person!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sonnyclarke.co.nr
mountain goat

mountain goat

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:52 pm

Sonny Clarke wrote:

Never the less, good fun! Unfortunately no one fell of one this occasion, its always a laugh when someone does and its quite often the same person!

yer jordan did rember going down the last part of the trail?
Back to top Go down
Sonny Clarke
Admin
Admin
Sonny Clarke

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:19 pm

Ah i stand corrected
Back to top Go down
http://www.sonnyclarke.co.nr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any of you actually ride MTB?   Any of you actually ride MTB? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any of you actually ride MTB?
Page 1 of 1