Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rear Brake Issue's -Magura HS33 2004

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Danny Kearns

Danny Kearns

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Rear Brake Issue's -Magura HS33 2004 Empty
PostSubject: Rear Brake Issue's -Magura HS33 2004   Rear Brake Issue's -Magura HS33 2004 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:07 am

Hey people.

Right, so got a problem with my rear brake, well, It's not the brake that is of an issue really. Basically, I killed my rear ronnie rim, so had a try-all rim spare, re-ground it with the same grind that was on the ronnie rim, bare in mind the exact same brake set-up on the ronnie was fucking amazing, full on bite, full on hold, full on loud noise.

Now, I built this rim up, slapped it in, Brake has no noise, no hold, no bite. But i've changed nothing but the rim.

I've got:

Try-all rim (medium sharp grind)
2004 Magura water bleed
Plastic hoseing
Hope steel bridge hose
No booster
Koxx Browns, good 5mm left.

I've allowed time for it to bed in etc, But performence is getting worse and worse. I've cleaned everything thouroughly, re-bled brake, the lot.

In which case, I personally don't think these pads like this rim.

So has anyone had any expirience with pads, that actually work immensly with try-all rims ?

Don't want the heatsink range or phat pads (heatsink because i refuse to pay that price and ive already tried phat pads on a try-all rim, there wank)

So help me out people Sad (P.s - Willing to sand rim smooth for smooth rim set ups)

Thanks,
Danny.
Back to top Go down
RossMcd

RossMcd

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Issue's -Magura HS33 2004   Rear Brake Issue's -Magura HS33 2004 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:21 pm

try setting the pads up so the pad doesnt touch the rim flat.
I know it sounds funny but thats the only way my koxx greens and koxx browns would work well for some reason.
If it doesnt work then it can easily be changed back.
Back to top Go down
smoby

smoby

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Issue's -Magura HS33 2004   Rear Brake Issue's -Magura HS33 2004 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:32 am

RossMcd wrote:
try setting the pads up so the pad doesnt touch the rim flat.
I know it sounds funny but thats the only way my koxx greens and koxx browns would work well for some reason.
If it doesnt work then it can easily be changed back.

Shocked scratch

Sure? You crazy man!

How long have you given to bed in?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q59gHd1NCM0
RossMcd

RossMcd

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Issue's -Magura HS33 2004   Rear Brake Issue's -Magura HS33 2004 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:13 am

My technique does work by the way!
with my old bikes i have never set up my brakes well and they have always worked amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Issue's -Magura HS33 2004   Rear Brake Issue's -Magura HS33 2004 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Brake Issue's -Magura HS33 2004
Page 1 of 1