Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lack of life on the forum recently....

Go down 
+5
white choco-marc
Tobias
Hendrix
Sonny Clarke
Adam-Griffin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam-Griffin

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Lack of life on the forum recently.... Empty
PostSubject: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:34 am

As some of you may or may not of noticed, as of recently (Last 2 weeks or so...) The forum's been, well, dead.
We need to do something about this if this is going to work, i haven't had a proper chance to Speak to Jeff & Tom but from the brief conversation i had with Jeff, we have a few ideas regarding getting the forum noticed and [i]recruiting[i] more members so the forum isn't a big waste of time and effort, some of the ideas we discussed were things such as Fliers at large rides/events etc. Printing and such shouldn't be too expensive, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to beat some members until they give us some monies convince some people to donate £1 or so if it means this will actually work.
Stickers was another idea that we discussed, just like the Tarty-bikes/Trials-UK* Etc stickers, again, shouldn't break the bank.
If we were to succeed and gain maybe another 200 (Optimistically...) Members, it may be considered Upgrading the forum to a purchased Domain such as the ones on car forums etc but with the way the forum is at the moment it would be a huge waste of time and money to do so.

As i said, not all of this has been discussed with the people in charge and these are just some ideas i decided to put to you so therefore nothing is set in stone, we would also look forward to hearing ideas from the rest of the forum regarding Getting it noticed Smile

Thanks for reading, Smile (Y)

Adam.
Back to top Go down
Sonny Clarke
Admin
Admin
Sonny Clarke

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:41 am

I had noticed this but hopefully if we all post a thread every once in a while, slowly we will get back to where we where before.

Another idea to put across, advertising on social networking sites? Obviously you can't do it on Tf so what about other sites, all ideas appreciated.

Or maybe we need to create more sections (different hobbies apposed to biking) to attract more users.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sonnyclarke.co.nr
Adam-Griffin

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:47 am

The Social networking site thing was discussed as well come to think of it. Smile

We don't, however, want members to post random links and shit on random chat rooms/Facebook/bebo/Myspace etc As we want to be noticed for a good reason, not for being the annoying dicks that spam here, there and everywhere.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Hendrix
Admin
Admin
Hendrix

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:58 am

Hokay Guys.

If you put a list of your ideas in here, it'd be a handy! I've had a play with a theme, have a look here.

Lack of life on the forum recently.... Pictur10

What do you think of that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tangle-forum.tk
Tobias
Admin
Admin
Tobias

Number of posts : 267

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:10 am

Its nice

Do it.

Stickers are a go from me.

Definately, if we went to rides with the tangle-forum url on stickers, it would attract more people.
Dunno about making more sections, you can't make a forum too vague, it will be shite. Plus, we all know about these elements of cycling, so we're at an advantage.
Back to top Go down
white choco-marc
white choco-marc

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 2:11 am

I THINK WE NEED STICKERS!!!
big long ones that can go on the top tube, i reckon tee's would also be perfect, we can design them and get a mate in mine and jeffs college to get them printed cheap, we just need the design, i reckon something simple and graffiti styled, only a select few members get these tee's and they can be like team riders for the site, obviously we dont all have to be amazing riders but it should also go to riders with a DECENT skill level, else there wouldnt be too much point, you could also put these up for sale, an old site free-riders.co.uk had hoodies and tee's done and it worked pretty well because they were turning up on pics through-out pink bike and other internet pic sources.
if you look up the commencal maxmax animal edition (simple street bike) with sponsor colours, the bit where it says animal would be the perfect sized sticker, if you would print them out or maybe even a wrap around sticker, i'd quite happily sport them! regarding the tee's have the main name or something liek TANGLE on the front, the on the back towards ur arse have the website www.tangle-forum.tk you could do it on a black tee with sayy baby blue/ electric green/ red writing somethign that would stand out.... anyways i'd be happy wearing a tangle tee Wink make me feel more special riding, and i'd deffo get some pics up wearin it and start posting around the net etc on diffo riding site.
SmileSmileSmile get started on one of the ideas asap we dont wanna leave it too long i'd be happy working with jeff to get us two a pair of shirts and see how they look first? im sure he'd be up for it....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/next_movement
white choco-marc
white choco-marc

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 2:46 am

Lack of life on the forum recently.... DSC01682copy
see what i did there Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Tobias
Admin
Admin
Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:11 am

Lack of life on the forum recently.... 90427942_3a033d1dfe
AH DON' LIKE EH

Bad font.
Back to top Go down
white choco-marc
white choco-marc

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:41 am

it was an example, not a suggestion. no need to take the piss.

all im doin is tryin to put words into picture, instead of talkin bowt it lets get something done!
Back to top Go down
white choco-marc
white choco-marc

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:46 am

on the topid of sections, wouldnt it be cooler to keep the home page more cleaner looking, for instance have the sections
BMX
MTB street/dirt/park
TRIALS
just as 3 boxes like they are
then click into ur preferred section to see the avaliable links
so then u'll get to pics, for sale, tricks, vids etc
helps the pages look more clean and will give specific riders a general dedicated page.
the home page dont quite look like a home page atm so i think that needs work, may perhaps attract abit more attention as opposed to people turning up and being like, OH another forum, coz people on ride-street will stay with that forum and not bother making an account on this because theyre basically the same!
Back to top Go down
Tobias
Admin
Admin
Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:51 pm

That's not piss taking.

We ought not to go through the king as we may well get a better price from elsewhere on the t-shirts.

Thing about ride-street is it's got loads of wankers on it, lol.

I tell you what, I'll see if i can change that links thing.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Number of posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:47 pm

I think we need a .com/co.uk url, so people just dont think its a joke!
Back to top Go down
Tobias
Admin
Admin
Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:47 pm

it costs money though.
If we get a good url, we may as well get a good forum too lol.
Back to top Go down
white choco-marc
white choco-marc

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:31 am

if this forum goes well, it is not hard to introduce the new website, its merely a replacement, the best bit would be being able to keep user details so they didnt have to register again... (Y)
Back to top Go down
Danny Kearns

Danny Kearns

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:12 pm

Jeff wrote:
it costs money though.

There's nothing wrong with this forum ?

Yeah, we do need a .com/.co.uk. URL, but keep this design. I use a few other forums, warez etc. In all honestly, this is one of the cleanest looking and simple to use one's.

I'm sure this forum will grow and hopefully become succesful, aslong as we keep getting people to join and post frequently. But we need something different, Majority of forums out there share many similarities, meaning that you can join any and get the same thing.

We need to have a group discussion and make this forum something different to the rest, I have no idea what yet, But if we all put our minds to it, im sure we can come up with something.

Advertisement is crutial when it comes to this kind of thing, if we don't advertise this place, we're not grow, simple as.

I didn't wanna mention shitty Trials forum, but when we up against the likes of that, we've really gotta' do something special.
Back to top Go down
Tobias
Admin
Admin
Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm

haha, ok

We can use the same board if we change servers, and so therefore the same skin.
However, we might be able t find a better board that has a similar skin.
We'll keep you up-to-date anyway.

At the moment, our forum's advantage over the likes of Trials Forum and Ridestreet is that it has the three popular categories of riding under one roof, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
hannahxshucksmith

hannahxshucksmith

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:41 pm

Danny Kearns wrote:
Jeff wrote:
it costs money though.

There's nothing wrong with this forum ?

Yeah, we do need a .com/.co.uk. URL, but keep this design. I use a few other forums, warez etc. In all honestly, this is one of the cleanest looking and simple to use one's.

I'm sure this forum will grow and hopefully become succesful, aslong as we keep getting people to join and post frequently. But we need something different, Majority of forums out there share many similarities, meaning that you can join any and get the same thing.

We need to have a group discussion and make this forum something different to the rest, I have no idea what yet, But if we all put our minds to it, im sure we can come up with something.

Advertisement is crutial when it comes to this kind of thing, if we don't advertise this place, we're not grow, simple as.

I didn't wanna mention shitty Trials forum, but when we up against the likes of that, we've really gotta' do something special.

Perhaps a topic where people can suggest sensible ways of advertising?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/twasatragicromance
smoby

smoby

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:57 pm

Jeff wrote:
it costs money though.

I think it is lie £2.50 for first two years then £2.50 for every year after that, Not really a big dent in the budget. I'm sure we could have a donations page, perhaps also have rewards for donations? Like more inbox space, or able to have name in diffrent colours?

Craig.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q59gHd1NCM0
Tobias
Admin
Admin
Tobias

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:28 pm

hannahxshucksmith wrote:

ahh, well then, smarty-pants, why don't you make one?

Razz
Back to top Go down
hannahxshucksmith

hannahxshucksmith

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:50 pm

Jeff wrote:
hannahxshucksmith wrote:

ahh, well then, smarty-pants, why don't you make one?

Razz

Suspect
I'll be on it soon...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/twasatragicromance
smoby

smoby

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:02 pm

Ok Smile. Ill ask for donations into a Paypal account. Have you got one that i can put on the thread (just user name) I'm sure the members of Tangle-Forum/BTM/gearworx would donate a little for a little back in return..

So whats your Paypal account user name?

Edit:
Whoops, i didn't read the quote :/
Back to top Go down
Sonny Clarke
Admin
Admin
Sonny Clarke

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:19 am

We still need ideas.. places to advertise; preferably free.

We've kind of come to a halt on 60 members!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sonnyclarke.co.nr
smoby

smoby

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:21 am

The thing is, because the only forum that we know of (Well that I know off) is "Bike Forum" We cant really advertise it, I think we need to find out where people on Bike-Forum found out about it, then sure the same kind of ideas Smile.

Craig.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of life on the forum recently....   Lack of life on the forum recently.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lack of life on the forum recently....
Page 1 of 1